Friday 5 March 2010

Meanwhile, Back At The Ranch


After a good, and mostly healthy and good natured, debate on whether ‘value’ can exist at any price, I think the verdict is that it can, but it is harder to find at the shorter end of the price range. Of course, if value backing doesn’t exist, then value laying would, so ultimately value exists on one side or the other. The trick now is to find it.

Anyway, back to normal now, and the predictions from the spreadsheet for this weekend’s reduced EPL schedule are:

Arsenal by 2 v Burnley
West Ham United by 1 v Bolton Wanderers
Manchester United by 2 @ Wolverhampton Wanderers

For the FA Cup matches, I have draws for both of the all-Premier League ties, Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur and Portsmouth v Birmingham City.

I’m usually wary in Cup games because I’m never too sure about how committed to winning they are, but I think that all four of the above have something to play for and the ratings should be relevant.

No comments: