Saturday 2 January 2010

FA Cup and Scottish Predictions 3.Jan

While updating my spreadsheet with today's FA Cup results, I noticed that had I backed the expected results, I would have been in profit, so with a warning about team selections, the expected outcomes for tomorrow's games are:

Chelsea by 4 v Watford; Manchester United by 4 v Leeds United; Notts County by 2 v Forest Green Rovers; Sheffield United by 1 v Queens Park Rangers; Wolverhampton Wanderers by 2 @ Tranmere Rovers; Arsenal by 2 @ West Ham United.

And in the Scottish League - Rangers by 1 @ Celtic; Heart of Midlothian by 2 @ Hibernian; Dundee by 2 v Airdrie United.

The predictions for the Scottish League are currently the most accurate so far. All four divisions there are hitting at least 33.33%, which compares favourably with the best of the English Leagues - League One at 30.12%.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Hey,

I disagree with your Man Utd margin, Leeds are on fire in League One and only just lost to liverpool 1-0 earlier in the season.

I think it will be a close game myself.

Jay
www.amanthatlays.blogspot.com

Rob The Builder. said...

Yeah, I disagree too. But that's just because, like any footy fan, I'm an optimist to the end.

Cassini said...

Is it too late for me to disagree too? In 1976 I was at Elland Road with Palace for a 4th round cup tie. Palace were flying high in Division Three, Leeds were top of Division One and Palace outplayed them to win 1-0. Went on to reach the semi-finals that year too! Results like these are why I stay clear of Cup matches!

Jay said...

Ha!

Was a good game, Still think we should have won 2-0, especially after snodgrass hit the bar/post with his freekick.

Beckford went close a couple of ther times.

A well deserved win i believe!

Jay
www.amanthatlays.blogspot.com

Maroussia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.